Workers Flee Mamaroneck Fire

Print

From LoHud:

MAMARONECK — About a dozen office workers evacuated a former bank building on Mamaroneck Avenue near Boston Post Road this afternoon after the elevator started smoking, possibly from an electrical malfunction.

The incident occurred at about 12:30 p.m., filling the basement of the building, located at 100 Mamaroneck Avenue, with fumes.

There were no injuries.

Responding firefighters were able to track down the source of the smoke and contain it after Con Edison crews shut off the power.

The cause of the fire is under investigation, although Village Fire Chief Fire Chris Szymanowski said he does not believe today’s scorching heat was a factor. An electrical malfunction is a more likely cause, he said.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *