Voice of Experience: CO Alarm a Must

Print

I am writing to remind people that if you don’t already have a CO alarm, please get one. On Friday, I turned on the heat and went to walk the dog. When I returned, the alarm was going off.

There was no smell, so the carbon monoxide in my house would have gone undetected without the alarm.

The fire department (which did a fantastic job)came and made us leave the house. We were not allowed back in until we had a clean reading. The whole process took about 45 minutes. It turns out that my chimney was clogged. Squirrels had chewed through my cap and built a nest.

Now remind me: why did I buy a house?

— Submitted by Joyce Callahan

Readers are encouraged to remember the tragic lesson of Larchmont native Caroline Feuerbach and family.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *