The Village of Mamaroneck is seeking a Day Camp Director for our 2011 camp season.
The Camp Director has the ultimate authority and responsibility for the operation of the camp.
1. Hiring of senior staff and counselors prior to the camp season.
2. Handling financial records; budget, payroll, and expenditures.
3. Establish and enforce camp policies and procedures concerning safety and operation of the camp.
4. Implement and enforce any and all Health Department regulations.
5. Make the final decision in disputes among staff and counselors, including appropriate disciplinary action.
6. Make the final decision regarding the firing of insubordinate and/or incompetent staff and counselors.
7. Review and approve all plans submitted by staff (i.e. trip suggestions, activities deviating from the
common schedule, special activities, etc.)
8. Is a member of the Safety Coordinator staff.
9. Appoint members of the senior staff safety coordinators.
10. Assign members of the senior staff to cover the duties and responsibilities of absent staff members.
11. Conduct a visual survey of the camp grounds prior to the pre-camp meeting and direct maintenance personnel to take care of any hazards.
12. Conduct Staff Orientation and Training.
13. Conduct evaluations along with Assistant Director for Grade Level Supervisors and Office Manager
14. Reports directly to the Recreation Superintendent.
Requirements: Must meet the requirements set forth by N.Y. State Department of Health, College graduate, 21 years old, 24 weeks of previous administrative or supervisory experience in day camp. RTE and CPR certified. Applicant must have previous camp experience.
Roughly 28 Camp Season Days – 3 Camp Orientation Days – plus additional pre-season planning days
Camp season runs from July-August
Please respond by e-mail with a resume and cover letter to Hcicco@vomy.org