In Scarsdale Undercover, we share some of the more…unnecessary…police activity that seems to occur only in Scarsdale, New York. The “real” crimes will continue to appear in our weekly Police Blotter.
- A resident reported someone put “flaming debris,” which turned out to be a bag of dog poop, on his front doorstep before ringing the bell and leaving. Dec. 30
- A caller reported a possible dispute between a man and woman standing near the intersection of Post and Burgess roads. “Patrol found the listed individuals who were observed calmly talking to each other at the listed intersection. They stated that they weren’t arguing and didn’t need any police assistance. They stated that they just left a party and they were awaiting a taxi.” Jan. 1
- A resident reported his nanny and children missing. He found them. Dec. 30
- A Madison Road resident reported workers at a neighbor’s house throwing chimney bricks onto her property, killing bushes. Police told them to stop. Dec. 28
- Two Dunham Road residents reported a man shining a red laser into their houses. The culprit was gone when police arrived. Dec. 28
- A man cleaning the Bank of America branch on Christie Place reported locking himself inside the bank building. The man got out by sliding under a security gate that police were able to lift. Dec. 28
– Image courtesy of townmapsusa.