It’s beyond obvious, or tolerable. but it doesn’t hurt to be reminded…this is from the National Weather Service– Heat Index Up to 110.
Excessive Heat Warning in effect from noon to 8pm this evening
Excessive Heat Watch in effect for Friday afternoon through Friday evening
· HAZARDS…EXCESSIVE HEAT WITH AFTERNOON TEMPERATURES OF 95 TO 100 DEGREES BOTH THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.
· HEAT INDEX VALUES…AROUND 105 TO POSSIBLY 110.
· TIMING… DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS; MAINLY FROM NOON UNTIL 8 PM TODAY AND FRIDAY
· IMPACTS…POTENTIAL IMPACTS INCLUDE HEAT DISORDERS FOR CHILDREN…THE ELDERLY AND PEOPLE PERFORMING PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES DURING THE PEAK HEATING OF THE DAY.
Air Quality Alert in effect from 11am to 11pm this evening
· AIR QUALITY LEVELS IN OUTDOOR AIR ARE PREDICTED TO BE GREATER THAN AN AIR QUALITY INDEX VALUE OF 100 FOR THE POLLUTANT OF GROUND LEVEL OZONE. THE AIR QUALITY INDEX…OR AQI…WAS CREATED AS AN EASY WAY TO CORRELATE LEVELS OF DIFFERENT POLLUTANTS TO ONE SCALE. THE HIGHER THE AQI VALUE, THE GREATER THE HEALTH CONCERN.
· WHEN POLLUTION LEVELS ARE ELEVATED…THE NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH RECOMMENDS THAT INDIVIDUALS CONSIDER LIMITING STRENUOUS OUTDOOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ADVERSE HEALTH EFFECTS. PEOPLE WHO MAY BE ESPECIALLY SENSITIVE TO THE EFFECTS OF ELEVATED LEVELS OF POLLUTANTS INCLUDE THE VERY YOUNG, AND THOSE WITH PRE-EXISTING RESPIRATORY PROBLEMS SUCH AS ASTHMA OR HEART DISEASE. THOSE WITH SYMPTOMS SHOULD CONSIDER CONSULTING THEIR PERSONAL PHYSICIAN.
· A TOLL FREE AIR QUALITY HOTLINE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED SO NEW YORK RESIDENTS CAN STAY INFORMED ON THE AIR QUALITY SITUATION. THE TOLL FREE NUMBER IS: 1 800-535-1345.
National Weather Service Forecast for White Plains:
Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 96. Heat index values as high as 105. Southwest wind between 6 and 13 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. West wind between 3 and 7 mph.
Friday: Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 99. Heat index values as high as 105. Northwest wind between 6 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 71. North wind between 3 and 5 mph.
Saturday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 95. Northwest wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 71. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 88.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 63