Fire Guts Mamaroneck Restaurant

Print

photos: Molly Kreisman-Dionne

 

Mamaroneck’s Village Luncheonette was gutted by fire Friday, according to a spokeswoman at the Mamaroneck Village Police.

Eyewitnesses say smoke enveloped the small diner at 158 Mamaroneck Avenue, at about 4:30 pm. It appears the fire may have started in the kitchen.

“It was scary and you could see and smell dark smoke from quite far away. The whole Avenue was clogged with fire trucks and police cars,” said one eyewitness.

Village Police and as the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department responded to the scene. No injuries have been reported.  It is unclear if the establishment was open for business at the time of the fire.

 

 

One thought on “Fire Guts Mamaroneck Restaurant

  1. Pingback: Mamaroneck Storefronts Remain Closed After June Fire | theloop

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *