With all the talk of LaLa Land’s producer’s Mamaroneck roots, here is a little rundown of films and TV shows shot in Westchester recently, just so you don’t think there isn’t more to talk about…
- “The Girl On The Train” (DreamWorks Pictures/Universal): This psychological thriller owed its idyllic suburban exterior scenes to locations in Tarrytown, Irvington, Dobbs Ferry, Hastings-on-Hudson, Ardsley, and White Plains.
- “The Affair” (Showtime) Scenes from this tale about the destruction of two marriages were set in Yonkers, with prison scenes filmed at Westchester County Correctional Facility.
- “Divorce” (HBO): Sarah Jessica Parker and Thomas Hayden Church untied the knot against the beautiful backgrounds of Hastings on Hudson and Saxon Woods this year.
- “Homeland” (Showtime): This hit drama often finds itself in Westchester for filming, and in 2016, the show filmed at Westchester County Correctional Facility.
- “Elementary” (CBS): This show, starring Lucy Liu, has filmed in various spots around the county, including White Plains. Scenes this year were shot in Saxon Woods and in the Pleasantville Diner.
- “The Americans” (FX): When searching for picture perfect American settings, it’s no surprise that Westchester County was the location of choice for this spy drama. This year, the show filmed at Playland and Croton Gorge Park.
- “Mr. Robot” (USA Network): This Golden Globe winning, Emmy nominated show put its vigilante hackers in the historic setting of Lenoir Mansion in Hastings on Hudson.
- “Madam Secretary” (CBS): Both Kensico Dam Plaza and Tibbetts Brook Park were Westchester County backdrops in this political drama starring Tea Leoni.
- “Blind Spot” (NBC): The mystery behind this FBI drama slowly unraveled in locations around Westchester County, including Tibbetts Brook Park in Yonkers.
- “The Blacklist” (NBC): This crime drama starring James Spader is a frequent visitor to Westchester. 2016 was no exception, as the cast and crew headed to Glen Island Beach in New Rochelle for filming.
Information courtesy County Executive’s Office